Tuesday, August 23, 2011
I am thinking of the following information for now.
1) VHF / UHF Repeater detail with google map
2) HF Propagation info for the week.
3) AMSAT / South African satellite info (Sat Schedule info and SA. keplerian elements info)
4) Logbook with Web sink.
5) SARL news.
6) DX cluster info.
7) PSK mail monitoring.
8) Packet monitoring.
My development is coming on.
1) I have SARL news and HF Propegation info working
2) Started the Logbook (http://www.hrdlog.net)
Monday, August 15, 2011
Just received my Funcubedongle Pro (SDR) and cant wait to get started.
As I am a Ubuntu (Linux) user only, it seems I need to compile the exe with QT Creator.
Will let you now how it went.
Got it working on Ubuntu
1) Had to upgrade dongle firmware to 18f on Windows :(
1.1) Then download Qthid for linux.
2) Screen-shot above of Qthid and Quisk applications.
3) Installation detail for Quisk.
3.1) Copy FCD configuration file from https://gist.github.com/838939 to your home dir EG /home/anton/.quisk_conf.py
3.2) Download the Quisk application from http://james.ahlstrom.name/quisk/docs.html (quisk-3.4.4.tar.gz tar -xvf and then run quisk.py you need python)
4) You will need pigtail cable assembly (SMA Mail to N Mail) and you can get it from http://www.dbg.co.za/index.php
(Nm to SMA(M)RP LMR195 Pigtail [1 Metre]R79.00)
I have now installed a general coverage antenna on top of my roof.
The Comet DS-150S discone antenna will provide reception from 25 MHz to 1,5 GHz and is suitable for transmitting.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Configuration for FT857 and PSKmail on 10.148Mhz on Ubuntu 10.1
1) Set all digital offsets to zero on ft857
2) Set digital mode to LSB on ft857
3) Will add wiring diagram later Everything gets controlled via external port and cat interface from fldigi to ft857.
4) set rigcat config in fldigi to your serial port connected to ft857 back port
(4800 2stop and cat command for PTT)
5) Fldidg should now display the frequency selected on ft857
6) Set mode on fldidgi to PSK500R if you don't see this option in fldigi you have the old fldidgi version then upgrade to latest version.
7) Start the latest version of PSKmail
8) configure frequency and add server details on PSKmail. (10.148 and zs0mee in my case)
9) Listen for beacon of server and then tune your transceiver to middle of waterfall (on fldigi) my radio frequency for 10.148Mhz LSB was set to 10.146.50 for indicated middle of waterfall.(sweet spot)
There is a local PSKmail server monitoring page managed by ZS6RO
Goto PSKmail for more information
Pin 1 MIC
Pin 2 PTT (pull to ground for PTT) Make shore you use pin 8 GND for PTT
Pin 3 DOWN
Pin 4 UP
Pin 5 + 8VOLT Some models ( 10 Ma )
Pin 6 (N/C Some models )
Pin 7 MIC GROUND.
Pin 8 GROUND ( STBY )
I use the interface board from Giga Technology here is the link
More details on a possible interface to your computer