How do you build a 1U Cube-Sat Linear transponder using SDR / DSP technology with limited Power?
- Linear Transponder 70cm (437Mhz) up-link and S band (2.4GHz or 1.2Ghz down) Down-link (Bandwidth ? 250Khz on 70cm ?)
- Satellite Low Earth orbit (LEO) altitude between 160 ---? kilometers. We need this so we can calculate path loss and RF power and antenna gain requirements.
- Available Power ? from Solar panels and battery system ?
- Power left ? for transponder after OBC and stabilizer power ?
- Telemetry mode? CW / AX25 / AFSK 9k6 /....
- Satellite antennas for 70cm ? and (Polarization ?)
- Satellite antennas for 2.4Ghz / 1.2Ghz and (Polarization ?)
- Telemetry Requirements ? (ID, Temperature, Power in, Power out, Battery left, Transponder Mode status, Antenna Status, Satellite Orientation, ........)
- Inter board Connector Specification (PC/104 ?)
- OBC, SOLAR,charger,Orientation and Battery from existing Satellite ?
- 1 U Cube-Sat Space frame from existing Satellite (10x10x10) 1kg
- DSP 10 to 14Bit A/D /D/A Dynamic range. what is good enough ?
- PCB Board size details ?
- Space frame and Solar panel frame and Antenna deployment. (out of scope)
- Solar panels. (Out of Scope)
- Power regulator and Charge regulator and Battery. (out of Scope)
- Orientation controls. (out of scope)
- RF Linear Transponder using SDR / DSP. (70cm up 2.4Ghz or 1.2Ghz down)
- OBC (In scope ARM M4 or possibly A9)
- Inter board communication standard ?
Out of Scope for now:
- Space frame, Solar panels and panels frame.
- Solar panels
- Power regulator and Charge regulator and Battery.
- Orientation controls.
- Linear Transponder using SDR / DSP. (ARM Processor possibly not FPLG due to power constraint.)
- Telemetry TX
- Command control RX
Transponder SDR transmitter.I will still add details here.
Transponder SDR receiver .
I will still add details here.
Possible def tools.
Possible def tools.
- GNU radio
- Math lab
- ARM DEV board tools.