Why not put your own Satellite in space ?for as little as $19.00
- Transmitter power is 10mW DSSS transmitted through a dipole. The maximum solar panel power available on the standard device is 100mW.
- Hardware Development Scouts can potentially have as much as 500mW solar power.
- The orientation of the device in orbit around the earth should be able to be determined most accurately by use of the magnetometer.
- It might also be possible to work out orientation by using the single pixel sensor as a moon/earth/sun sensor.
- They will be doing there best to make the landing site the earth side of the moon.
- If you are, or would like to be, a radio amateur, they will show you how to communicate directly with your spacecraft in space when it is nearby using inexpensive UHF and S-band equipment. Communication at (cis-)lunar distances is more expensive (typically requiring 5-24m+ steerable dishes), but available to some clubs and enthusiasts.
More info is available at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1677943140/send-your-own-pocket-spacecraft-on-a-mission-to-th